Objectives of IAAS
• To design and implement educational programs in agriculture in order to obtain an appropriate balance among established and emerging needs of the agricultural sector in Nepal.
• To promote excellence in instruction, research and technology dissemination in agriculture.
• To develop technically competent agricultural graduates ready to apply the knowledge and skills in technical agriculture, agricultural extension, agricultural education, agribusiness and agricultural and rural development programs.
• To encourage and support faculty members and students for research and scholarly activities relevant to the needs of Nepalese agriculture and farmers.
• To foster students self-development, commitment and responsibility for the welfare of Nepalese society.
The purpose of this institute is to positively respond to the Nepalese government policy on agricultural transformation. The mission of its academic Program is to engage its students and professors in relevant, timely and effective studies through training, research and inquiries, focused on promoting tertiary education and producing skilled agricultural workforce. IAAS aims to assure the prosperity of farmers and rural community through diversification, intensification and linkage of agriculture to the market. It will contribute to the government efforts toward poverty reduction and promoting sustainable economic development through modernizing the agricultural sector and efficient use of natural resources.